Monday, August 24, 2009

TA-DA! Tuesday #4



It's Tuesday again and that means TA-DA! Tuesday here in Studio Lakeside - a place to celebrate big and small steps in creative activity and expression in the past week.

Me? I'm pretty dry this week, honestly, unless you count ideas and inspirations being entertained amid and through distractions. I'm really looking forward to celebrating YOU and your progress and accomplishments today.

I have meditated and pondered spent my Monday attempting to rearrange furniture in my studio space and longingly wishing it were already done and I could just sit down and work - have fabrics and threads in hand, manipulating them with my fingers to find the combinations of color and shape that would SING. That in itself was a TA-DA of sorts because I hadn't felt that genuine desire in some time - where I could see colors and patterns rotating on the screen inside my head like colored glass falling kaleidoscopically into images of brilliance almost hypnotically. Like getting my mojo back. It was sobering to see dust thick on my fabric storage units, tools and books as I moved them about and wiped them off with a white terry cloth rag. I uncovered works in progress I'm ashamed to say I forgot and were abandoned for nearly two years. Simple projects with little to be done to have finished them...glad to have found them but debating with myself whether to finish or pursue the new inspirations bubbling up now.

How do you decide when you SHOULD abandon a project or are you so disciplined you keep at it 'til it's done?

A Spring Wallhanging

A Log Cabin Table Topper

A Fall Table Runner

...and a little touch of patriotism.

3 comments:

Snap said...

The fall table runner is calling ...!!!!!!!!!! Get to work! :D :D

Cynthia said...

These are beautiful!

Browndirtcottage said...

I am trying to just 'make myself stick to it'
today and finish something....sometimes that is harder than the whole project!!! I had a Sunday afternoon 'ripping-out' session!!
Looks like you have some 'goodie' going!