Monday, August 17, 2009

TA-DA! Tuesday #3



It's another TA-DA! Tuesday and I hope there's alot to Thumbs UP about this week for you.

I, myself have had more disappointments and challenges than TA-DAs this week to be honest.

The sculpture intended to be a focal point for the 'stage' adjoining the dance floor for my friend's 40th Bday party had too many technical difficulties to be placed as planned for the party. I was bummed.

BUT,
1) I DID LEARN from the failure to launch that when I need structural/engineering assistance to call it in earlier and not to knock my head against the wall repeatedly in vain attempts to demonstrate finesse I don't possess. My technical advisor said it could have been done with some slight adaptations in components and a couple days' more time. Even our mistakes and miscalculations do end up adding bricks to the structure of a creative castle as long as we learn from them for better results next time. (pssssssst - remember this is the voice of a recovering perfectionist you're hearing)

AND

2) the table centerpieces came off without a hitch and the tables looked lovely. No two were identical and here's a sampling of the two color ways used:





What kind of TA-DAs do you have from this past week?

6 comments:

Janet said...

Wow! Those table decorations look beautiful. I can understand the recovering perfectionist as I believe I fit into that category, too. But it sounds as if you learned a lot from the experience. I think that could be a Ta-Da.

Jamie Ridler said...

Congratulations on your learning and your creations!

I'm joining in with the Ta-Das this week: http://www.jamieridlerstudios.ca/ta-da-tuesday

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

your ta-da! centepieces are lovely and ta-da!

Grammy said...

That is just awesome! I love the centerpieces. And so glad things worked out for you.

Lisa said...

TaDa! I love your accomplishments, and I love your idea to ta-da yourself. How did I miss this? I'll be back next week for sure.

Heather Plett said...

The best I can do for "TaDa Tuesdays" is "I'm trying... I'm really trying!"