Saturday, August 1, 2009

OPEN! OPEN! OPEN! - This is IT!

And here we go:

Day after day,
hour after hour,
I peruse and pore through fabulous blogs I've come into direct contact with via the reason I started a blogger blog in the first place - two successive participations in THE NEXT CHAPTER book blogging group hosted by Jamie Ridler of Jamie Ridler Studios.
From other book bloggers pages I've bounced 'round and found blogs they love and blogs THEY love and so on and so on. You know how it goes.

I didn't 'invest' much in the blogging process/culture, content to merely float along pretty anonymously just to get the benefit of the book club-iness in the group. A recent upgrade to a MUCH newer home PC system and the necessity to learn a new thing or two to fully take part in the most recent book and I'm no longer content as I was when I would reasonably tell myself I was doing the best I could with what I had to work with before. So today I begin a new blog intended to authentically represent who I AM here in blogland. And with it, a mixed media art journal inspired in part by some of those I've seen shared in my blogland travels. And who, you might ask, am I?

My name is Sheila and I am a recovering perfectionist. I've been sober for 8 days. In my 8 days of sobriety I've become aware of so much perfectionism has stolen from my life and I'm here to take it allllllllllll back! Starting with writing, quilting, all manner of creativite expression, and a home that exhibits hospitality, mercy and grace. I will be vulnerable - the header photo is my own photography. And I will exercise faith, not fear and start by rejuvenating and beginning to use my 'studio' space. It's been neglected and abused a LOOOOOOOONG time!

3 comments:

Zom said...

This is a wonderful journal page. Such a cute drawing. I hope you will create many more.

Sarah Sullivan said...

Congrats on the new blog!! Will be back to read!!!
Wonderful post..Sarah

Marty Mason said...

Hi, Sheila, and welcome to the imperfect world. It's a great eye opener and you'll love it! Your picture header is a beautiful shot of your surroundings.

Marty