Monday, August 10, 2009

TA-DA! Tuesday #2



Welcome to #2 of TA-DA! Tuesdays, here in Studio Lakeside. You're invited and encouraged to please take a moment and share a thing or two, or three from the past week in your creative living that has made you beam with pride and know in your soul that another brick was laid in the structure of your creative castle.

Around and about in blogland I've been reading of accomplishment and creative sparks fanned into flame and it's so inspiring to see building progress for so many. Makes me smile and tremendously encourages me because it assures me SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH IS POSSIBLE!

1) I have a perfectionist friend celebrating a big birthday this week and she and her husband are throwing a BIG shindig for the event, for which I've been asked to create centerpieces and a focal point decoration for the stage overlooking the dance floor. I was delighted when she stopped by with additional supplies and was generous with praise and approval for the in-progress work in my work room. (not fully 'there' quite yet - finishing touches yet to go but will post pics by Friday and then more next Tuesday after Saturday's party when the whole picture comes together)

2) I did a 2nd page for my mixed media creative journal and wasn't concerned it's less than perfect or discouraged because I haven't made it a daily effort. At one/week, if I have 52 pages next August I'll be quite satisfied. I'm having FUN with it!


Some of the supplies for my birthday party centerpieces came in a Michaels bag and as I looked at it I realized the letters on the bag would spell my name shuffled a bit and dropping the M and C. (grin)

3) The other day I remembered to 'write it down' before I lose it and wrote about deer play in my back yard and regretting not having my camera. I posted it to my blog here and also on a social site I sometimes post at. A gentleman who lives downstate and who I 'friended' because I admired his writing and photography left the following compliment: "and all this wonderful painting brushed in wordcolor would have been lost. great imagery! the camera would create a pretty image but you did art a service, thanks." MADE MY DAY! I may not be a painter like so many I admire so tremendously but someone who does a fine job himself thinks I produced a 'painting brushed in wordcolor'! THUMBS UP!

What are you celebrating from the past week?

10 comments:

Connie said...

Sounds like you have a lot of juicy fun happening in your neck of the Universe!!! Awesome Sheila!! I love the energy you are sharing!

And for me...this week's Ta-Da is announcing my Creative Dig Workshop taking place on September 26th!! http://www.CreativeDigWorkshop.com

Peace & Love.

Sandy said...

Shiela,
Thanks so much for the email! It's a lot of fun to come over and read of everyones possitive experiences. Congrats to Connie for her BIG TaDa. And to you Shiela, for all that came your way. I was off from work last week, and I spent my week doing the behind the scenes business-y stuff to get my little project off the ground. Blog organization, opened an Etsy shop, and began a sewing project ( acually a barter w/ a friend). More fun stuff coming....
So I felt I had a very accomplished week myself.
Have a GREAT week!!!!!

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

this sounds great!

judipatootie said...

Not huge TaDahs.. but I cleaned out all my art supplies and ordered some new goodies. Everyday i finished a page or more in my ActIII Wreck this Journal.. read the blogs of everyone taking Jamaie Ridlers Next Chapter"the Joy Diet" and gave another WTJ away.

Serena Lewis said...

Hi Sheila,

I'm so glad that you have joined up for The Artist's Way group. Btw, I just tried to Follow your blog but Blogger must be having a bit of a glitch with that side of things. I will come back later and try again.

I love the idea of TA-DA Tuesdays! What a great list too! I might join you for next Tuesday ~ :)

Sarah Sullivan said...

Whoo hoo - sounds like some great Taa daas!! Congratulations!!
Hmmmm two things this week..I opened an Etsy shop for my photography - have one for my art already and had a sale there yesterday!!! Whooo hoo!!!
Thanks for popping by my blog and the sweet comment. Namaste, Sarah

Sheila said...

Hooray and 'thumbs UP!' for all your TA-DA! moments. Jenn stopped by and posted her special TA-DA! on her blog, http://silverliningstudios.blogspot.com/2009/08/ta-da-tuesday.html Go check out her special triumph! Guiness is mighty adorable, Jenn.

I'm sooooooooooooo happy for each of you who chose to share your building and growing here this week. Thumbs UP to all of you - and CHEERS!

Judith HeartSong said...

What a great post! I hosted a watercolor demo for some summer camp kids yesterday and we had an engaging discussion. Good luck with your centerpieces, I think they'll be marvelous.

Heather Plett said...

Ooo... I love the idea of Ta-da! Tuesdays!

My ta-da for the week is building and launching my brand new website, a community space for people who are embracing their gifts in the service of beauty and justice... www.whatareyougivingaway.com.

(Thanks for visiting it, by the way!)

Jen said...

I missed last week's TA-Da Moment but will definitely blog about this weeks :) Thank you for mentioning about my blog..It's a big TA-DA for me to accomplish something that has truly frustrated me until recently~