Monday, August 3, 2009

TA-DA! Tuesday #1

Each Tuesday here in Studio Lakeside shall henceforth be known as TA-DA! Tuesday, noting some of the little things to celebrate doing in the prior week.

This previous week:

1) I remembered one morning to put my camera 'round my neck like jewelry before I stepped outside and was rewarded with the opportunity at this shot of a doe I'd awakened from her 'bed' the other side of the grill outside the garage door. NOT the greatest quality but(i was going to say practice makes perfect, instead) I have faith I'll remember more frequently (maybe next time I can get her to pose. GRINS)and with frequency I will improve my skill as a photographer. Hoping, in fact, to catch a shot of the older doe with her fawns before their spots are gone.



2. I had the idea for TA-DA! TUESDAY and didn't allow fear to knock it down, learned how to get a Mr. Linky and invited some bloggers I admire to help kick it off.

3. I began to re-possess the spare bedroom intended to be rented earlier in the year for my 'studio'. Resuming active quilting and other creative expression is faith opening a door long closed for me.

Have you taken 2 or 3 steps in what Connie at Dirty Footprints Studio would call your CREATIVE JUICY! LIFE?

8 comments:

Connie said...

Congratulations Sheila!! This is such an awesome idea!! And I'm so happy I could be of an inspiration for your own Creative Juicy Life!! You go chica!!

Here's my little Ta-Da for the week that I am excited to share...I re-opened my doors to my Dirty Footprints Etsy shop. It's been close for months just collecting dust...and now, its simply fluttering with butterflies!! Yay!!

I invite everyone to just stop by and take a whiff of that new shop smell!! Ha!

http://www.DirtyFootprints.etsy.com

Peace & Love.

Eco Yogini said...

OUU fun! Found you through Dirty Footprints facebook group! :)
I have had a slow few weeks with creative juicyness- so perhaps expressing some new positives would help!
Last weekend we went to my parents cottage beside the lake. I had my first swim of the year, practiced yoga on the dock every morning amidst the morning mist and breathed in the beautiful fresh air. Not creative, but beautiful :)

Kathy said...

I'm going to explore this idea for next week, Sheila. I'm a recovering perfectionist myself--it's a rocky road to recovery but I'm making headway! ~Kathy

Sandy said...

This is a wonderful idea! Thank you for bringing this to us.
For me, I have been like a dog chasing my tail. I sort of knew what I wanted, but had no idea how to get there. That and the "perfectionist" thing had me standing still. I guess not all idea's have to be GRAND. I'm working on opening my old blog, http://sandilei.blogspot.com/, and just creating. No more over planning. No more worries. This new found freedom has idea's swirling in my head. It's a good thing!! See you next week!!!

Anonymous said...

I had a little ta-da this past week with my watercolors. I read about another artist that uses oil pastels to enhance her watercolors so I thought I'd give it a try - I did a painting called "Summer Reading Program" and painted the whole thing in watercolors then went back and added oil pastels to the grass in the foreground and background - it added a lot of depth and I got to use the oil pastels I bought a couple of years ago...don't you just LOVE art supplies:)

Leah said...

Those are some great Ta-Da's!! One of my creative ta-da's this week is adding greeting cards to my art shop. Yay! And today I've got some de-cluttering on the agenda. :-)

judipatootie said...

TA DA !!! I blogged everyday, ( I have had my blog just a few weeks)and read the blog of every single participnt in the Wreck This Journal group.I learned how to make packing tape transfers

Nellie said...

Your idea for a Ta Da Tuesday is great! As you probably guessed by my today's post, I have a few issues to put behind me. I'm hoping for a 'quick recovery' on that one and will give serious thought to your idea so I will be ready to participate next week.

I want a studio to work from also and have a couple of brain waves going in that direction.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. See 'ya next Tuesday!

Namaste'
Barb