Tuesday, October 13, 2009

TA-DA! #9


Guess I kind of skipped last Tuesday without anyone noticing - tee hee! Not sure how I feel about that except that 'life happens' and a lot of life has been happening at a pace that sometimes makes my head spin.

My TA-DA! for this week is that I'm composing this post sitting at my newly relocated computer desk, TA-DA! The computer is relocated anyway - though my former desk still sits for the time being in it's same location. This desk is less than half the size and unlike the former location between the 'smoking porch' and coffee pot I'm now about as far away from those as I can be and still be under the same roof. This is the first morning experiencing that and I'm not at all sure I'm very delighted with the geography.

The home dec mags I so enjoy and the HGTV designers' 'rules' all say having one's computer/office in the bedroom is quite the NO-NO, but OH, WELL! Plus, I have bad feng shui with the 'desk top' facing a corner and my back to the single door into the room. I'm still figuring out how to put all my writerly tools and accessories within usable reach and get organized. Overall though, the rearranging of the bedroom as a whole to accommodate this insertion seems to be a good thing. It's kind of a puzzle how bringing additional furniture into a room and shuffling what was already there can actually make it seem as if the space is bigger. Still have about 3 pieces of furnishings to relocate before I can call it 'done' and I kind of wish I had taken before and after pics - it was sooooooooo utilitarian UGLY before.

Sooooooooooo - step 1 in preparing for Darlin's son's 'family' to come here to live is ALMOST complete. I HAVE NO IDEA how I'm gonna make my 'studio' fit into a room with no walk in closet that will be the FIRST thing anyone coming into the house sees AND keep hazardous objects and materials out of the hands of 4 and 7 year old little boys! YIKES! Feel like I'm gonna be doing 'creativity calisthenics' workouts FOR SURE!

1 comment:

Jean said...

Hi Sheila- Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog! Encouragement is always welcome!

Good luck with all the relocation of your things and your creative calisthenics! :)

Have a great week!