Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Warm Fuzzies

* @ * @ * WARM FUZZIES * @ * @ *

What is YOUR winter wish? Mine is undoubtedly, without hesitation or meditation or any added inspiration - WARM FUZZIES! To always recognize them, abundantly & generously give & gratefully & happily receive them.

A *warm fuzzy* could be gloriously soft sweaters, fleecy robes, thick cozy socks, flannel jammies or sheets or lumberjack shirts, fur lined caps, gloves or mittens, silk thermals layered under other comfy clothes, quilts wrapped 'round the shoulders or across the lap while the fire crackles and steam rises from a hot cup of cider or tea or cocoa - but not exactly.

'Warm Fuzzies' are anything that goes STRAIGHT to and absolutely melts the tenderest spot in your heart and soul. An image, remembrance, kindness, gift, word, deed...anything can be a 'warm fuzzy'. Years ago I remember when I lived in the midwest we used to use the expression 'warm fuzzy' for certain types of TV commercials - like the Pepsi commercial with the adorable little blond child giggling and rolling with a bunch of playful puppies. Hallmark Cards is particularly adept at 'warm fuzzy' commercials as are many jewelers.

Yesterday I spent a part of my day setting out some more of my Christmas decorations throughout the house - among them a handful of snowmen. Snowmen - even here in north central California where having enough snow for a real one is highly unlikely - are for me a WARM FUZZY - read why here.

Warm Fuzzies are by no means just for winter though. I crave Warm Fuzzies anytime, all the time. Comments left on a blog post ALWAYS give me a 'warm fuzzy', as do emails in response to one I've made on someone else's. Many of the blogs I've chosen to 'follow' are a constant source of Warm Fuzzies.

Other 'Warm Fuzzies':

A shopper in the check out line at the store who notices the customer ahead of them is short a dollar or two and asks the clerk to remove a non-necessity from their bill and kindly hands the clerk difference. (Thanks to one of those kind and generous souls I had a drug store composition book and fresh pen to journal with)

At The Windows on State Street in Chicago - a young man who notices a frazzled mother with a baby in her arms and the small child next to her springing up and down on his feet like a bouncing ball trying to see through the crowd but can't and lifts the child up his shoulders for the best view in the City.

A hand made, quilted tree skirt made of fabrics printed with musical instruments and notes taken days before Christmas to the home of a young music minister's family whose wife had been horribly disappointed when told by a quilting teacher the materials for such a skirt were estimated to be around $50...and seeing their children WHIP away presents and an artfully scrunched up bedsheet from beneath their tree to place it there NOW!

An overbearing, greedy, driven, seemingly heartless VP of sales in a major corporate company who anonymously provides a luxury hotel suite for a young service technician's family after their home was consumed by fire. The same VP who later asked an administrative assistant working for him if it would be uncomfortable for her if he were to hire her unemployed husband who she knew was unfaithful but couldn't yet leave.

7 comments:

Lis said...

ooooh ... everything seems a little lighter, a little brighter when experience after a warm fuzzy :) What a great attitude to carry through the holiday season.

last night I wasn't feeling well and my 5 year old brought me a lovie to hold. She patted me on the head and asked me "feel better mama?" Warm fuzzy indeed!

♥ this. thank you!

Sarah Sullivan said...

As Sheila wishes for herself, I wish for her also!
Oh oh oh I loved this hon..loooved it!! In the early 80's I sold Mary K. she gave out little fuzzies with feet and eyes as warm fuzzies. For years I would leave a critter hidden in my home for the kiddos to find.. a warm fuzzy from Mom. Thank you for the warm fuzzy reminder hon.. I think I will start doing that again!! Wonderful post hon, Hugs, Sarah

Sheila Cain-Sample said...

Oh yes. Warm Fuzzies are wonderful gifts we receive each day, we need to stop and accept them.

From one Sheila to another I wish for you what you wish for yourself.

Lucy Ladham-Dyment said...

As Sheila wishes for herself, so I wish also.

Sulwyn said...

As Sheila wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. I love warm fuzzies!

Beverley Baird said...

As Sheila wishes for herself, so I wish for her also!
May all your warm wishes be fulfilled!

Unknown said...

I'm now going to be on the look out for Warm Fuzzies, and create some myself!