Tuesday, September 8, 2009

TA-DA! Tuesday #6




I'm almost ready - my bag is packed. In the morning I'm off, on a roll that once begun I can't turn back from.

I'm headed to my hometown, Dayton, OH., for almost 3 full weeks. This is not a vacation - FAAAAAAR from! My mother has not been well and come next weekend will have been in a nursing home for 3 weeks. My mission, whether or not I choose to accept it, is to make ready for her to return again to her home. Mom has lived a hoarders life for 30+ years and it only got worse after my Dad passed away 12 years ago. Mom will come home with limited mobility and somehow my sister, brothers, sis in law and I must make some negotiable space for Mom and her mobility assistance devices to negotiate within her house. My two adult daughters are going to come from IL and MI to help with this mission so it is going to be a family reunion or sorts as well. Part of me could be a bit excited - but the over riding anticipation is one of dread. I know there is going to be conflict and turmoil and I know there is going to be exhaustion and a fair amount of anguish, fear and other unpleasant feelings. I wish this didn't have to be how I'm spending the bulk of this month.

When this became evidently necessary I had just begun settling in to restructuring the studio for functionality and was anticipating several weeks of productive time in it before some opportunities to show and sell some of what I do and even taking into account the miserable economy I was hopeful to get some of that sweet nectar of admiration and approval from viewers of my work that artisans/folk artists feed on and crave like drug addicts jones for a fix. I can't find the words to express - and I'm virtually NEVER at a loss for words - how deeply and terribly disappointed my heart is.

I intended all this past week to have the studio all ready for me to open the door and walk in and dive right in to my process with massive enthusiasm and gusto upon the day of my return and to be able to post a proud photo, or two or three for TA-DA! Tuesday this week. I didn't make it nearly as far as I'd intended, though there is significant improvement and I CANNOT WAIT to resume!

I will have internet access whilst I'm away and I hope many will share their TA-DA's for Week #6 of TA-DA! Tuesday. Please leave a comment with your progress in creativity this week or a link to your own blog where you share. I eagerly look forward to giving 'Thumbs UPs' for each one!

2 comments:

Snap said...

I have several WIP's (not posted), but wanted to drop by and say thanks for your comment regarding Rocky and stiff upper lip, girl! I've been where you are going and done all those things for my parents and in-laws. It never gets easier. I'll be thinking about you and sending you vibes. This too shall pass and you'll be back creating.

Grammy said...

Things will work out. I send you my best wishes. Have a wonderful trip full of love and hugs.