Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I Wish To Begin - Wishcasting, I Guess

Nahhhhhhhh - no I don't. Wellllllllll - maybe I do. I'm not a 'wishcaster' but many of the bloggers I've taken to following are and therefor, it being Wednesday their blogs are full of wishes prompted by Jamie Ridler's weekly prompt to make a wish and cast it OUT THERE/HERE into the blog world for others to support. Today's prompt by Jamie as discovered by me at BohoMom's, Heather's, BlissChick, Sarah, Suzie and a few others' blogs is 'what do you wish to begin?' And everyone I've read today has some fine and dandy things they wish to begin, admirable things. Things I really do hope (wish) they get to begin because all that I've read would make a difference. Reading, I was stirred deep inside and a wish bubbled up from within me in a SHOUT I can't ignore. Now, I don't so much KNOW about the power of adding your wish to someone else's compounding the capability for that wish to actually come about, but as rebellious as I can be about making lists and the like because I lose lists and therefor if I NEEDED it written down in words on paper in order to remember things I'd STILL be lost if the list got lost, so why bother? BUT - I have learned there DOES seem to some mystical power in putting something in writing that comes I suppose from having given it substance in print/script so here goes...

I WISH TO BEGIN to finish things I've started.

As I've been on the road to recovery from perfectionism I've been paying special attention and really noticing ways my perfectionism has nandcuffed me in the past. My home is FULL of vivid reminders - the half painted front room that wasn't going the way I'd planned when I started, so I stopped; the bare curtain rods hanging above the slider door in the family room because I feared the curtains I intended to make and hang on them wouldn't have the PERFECT decorator appearance I want; the book I've compiled research for and outlined that I fear the message of will be lost because I'm not capable of conveying it adequately or don't have the credentials to back it; all the quilt tops and blocks I've unearthed in the studio that haven't become quilts because they were/are SO BEAUTIFUL at the stage they're at that I thought I'd wreck them if I continued; the fabric and tools and supplies I've stockpiled because I was too timid to cut and to use; the garden landscape plans I've drawn to scale on grid paper and started to erect hardscape to support but doubted I could execute and care for properly...there's MORE even, but those are the most glaringly visible and the most mocking.

14 comments:

CP said...

LOL! Sheila you picked *THE* day to do wishcasting...even if you aren't a regular here, I'm not sure i can count on two hands the number of people who are "Wishing to begin finishing!" HA! :) Cheers and welcome to this synchronisitic little fish pond :)
As Sheila so aptly wishes for herself, so too do I wish for Sheila!
~Shamsi

Jen said...

As Sheila Wishes for herself, I so lovingly wish for her as well!!

Your post resonates so much with me :) Maybe that should have been my wish for today too!!

Here's to Begin finishing!!!

Anonymous said...

As Sheila wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Welcome to wishcasting.

Giulietta the Muse said...

Hi Sheila,

Welcome to the circle. it's fun and it works! I wish for you to begin finishing things. God, yes about perfectionism. It's such a deal breaker. Almost perfect works just fine!

Giulietta the Muse

Lexington said...

As Sheila wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Sarah Sullivan said...

As Sheila wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Whoo hoo...so glad you joined us and welcome hon!!! I believe that just putting it out there in this form works..add several dozen others throwing it out there too...it is amazing!! Not just the support but the power it adds. Here is to letting go of perfect and being happy with what it is!! Hugs to you and Namaste, Sarah

Janet said...

As Sheila wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. Believe in the power of wishing!

Now - go finish those curtains!! xoxo

Ann said...

As Sheila wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Yes! Go finish your projects! Maybe I'll go do the same... :)

Karen D said...

Here is to the beginning of finishing..
As Sheila wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Liz Fulcher, The Fragrant Muse said...

So glad to have discovered your blog through Wishcasting Wednesday!

As Sheila wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Jamie Ridler said...

As Sheila wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Welcome to Wishcasting! May it be the beginning of many finishings!

Heather Plett said...

Oh boy, do I know this story! My poor daughter can't change her clothes in her bedroom because I got all ambitious and painted her room in the Spring but still haven't gotten around to making the curtains. :-(

I'm wishin' it for you, and I'm wishin' it for me too. :-)

Holly said...

Sheila:
I'm sitting here laughing, too. I'm not sure how I missed such a heart felt wish yesterday, but I'm here today and well, you and I simply must hold hands and wish this same wish together. To women who call it exactly how they see it on this one surely must meet with success, don't you think?

As Sheila wishes for herself, er, me, her, us, they, so I lovingly and with intention wish for her also.

Rosaria Williams said...

Sheila, you are asking for your nature to change. Now, look over at the qualities and abilities you already possess and give yourself credit for them.

Wishing is good only if it motivates us!